Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Overheard in the "store"

Downstairs grabbing a Diet Mt Dew from the "store". It sells soda, pre-made sandwhiches, salads, snack food; a little of this and that. Some place to grab something when the full blown cafe is not open. Seems I hit it along with everyone else, because the line is long and I'm standing there getting impatient, watching the only cashier work on making some Starbucks.

C: While this milk is heating up, I'll take the next person in line. What do you need? pointing to the next person in line
M: Just this cookie
C: That will be 95 cents, motions to the next person. And You?
W: I'll have a medium cheese tortalleni
C: Woefully looking at the espresso machine and sighing. I'm really new at this and don't know most of these drinks. You'll have to tell me how to make a Cheese Tortalleni
W: Its a salad
C: Oh... if its Italian I don't know what it is. I thought it was some coffee drink

No comments: