- 2 lbs peeled and cooked 51/60 shrimp - remove the tails and cut across them in half.
- 1 yellow bell pepper, small dice
- 1/2 red onion, small dice
- 4 stalks celery, small dice
- 2 avocados, medium dice, not too ripe!
- 2 limes
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 1 12 oz jar Heinz Chile Sauce (Chili sauce! not Cocktail Sauce)
- 3 "stems" lemongrass, minced
Prepare the shrimp and cover with juice of one lime and let sit while prepping other things.
Dice the avocado and cover with juice of other lime.
Prep all the other veggies and when almost done put the shrimp and avocado in a colander and let the excess lime juice drain. If you don't do this the "salad" will end up being kind of souping and will "bleed" after it sits for a bit.
Mix the Chile Sauce and Sriracha. Actually I don't know how much I used... I just squeezed some in... but I *think* it was about 2 tsps. Put some in, taste it and see if the flavor (spicy, heat, etc.) is right for you.
Put everything into a bowl and stir. Stir enough to coat but don't stir too much. You don't want the avocado getting mushy.
That's it! Its important to use chili sauce because it is sweet and not spicy. The sriracha then gets it some heat, but its a Vietnamese/Korean kind of heat, rather than a horseradish flavor.