Thursday, November 24, 2005

Blogging

One of the great things about vacations is that I almost always get caught up on some blogging - either writing blogs, or reading them. I'm always *thinking* about things to write, just don't often get to it. But this week I've just been kind of hanging out, doing a little work, watching TV, taking some naps, and doing quite a bit of reading on things like dispensationalism, ultra/hyper dispensationalism, and sending some emails to people I haven't "talked" to for some time. But after going through all that for a bit, and then getting up at 5:30 this morning, I had even more "extra" time than normal. No one else is up, I don't have to put the turkey into the oven until about 8:00, my email is fairly caught up (for me), etc. So I figured I'd go check out some blogs.

I just love MightyGirl. She rarely fails in making me laugh, bring a tear to my eye, etc. Yes, Bryan does really love her SO much, as evident by his birthday present to her. What a guy! And it was so cool that she jumped in the water. And then I read bmay and DefectiveYeti. I'll probably go through some other blogs as well (although not now because it is getting close to 8:00 so I have to get the Turkey in).

Its just cool to get caught up. :) As I always say (when I get caught up), I don't know why I don't stay caught up more often, but I just don't. Too busy, don't think about it enough, whatever. But as I've said before, I do enjoy reading these blogs and getting caught up with whats going on in these people's lives - people I don't even know. Weird. And I like to blog.

I was talking with someone the other day, about some of the stuff I've blogged lately. About some stuff that was particularly painful, etc. Weird to just "put it out there on the internet" - but like I've said before, its not like 100s (or even 10s) of people read it. The person replied, "But you aren't really putting it out there for tons of people to read. Its your therapy. You aren't a big talker. In fact, if I want to know what is going on in your life - I go look at your blog. Because I know you aren't going to talk about it." Wow, pretty insightful! But exactly right on. Of course this person has known me for a long time. But yeah - that's why I do it. Its kind of a non-personal way of letting people know what is going on, share stuff I think is interesting, etc. And for an introvert, its a safe way to do it. Weird that its safer to write in a medium where potentially tons of people could read it, rather than share it face-to-face with one person. But thats me. :)

Well - like I said, time to go put the Turkey on. Of course, cooking thanksgiving meals are usually "get up early and get the turkey on" followed by just hanging out and waiting for the mad dash of preparing everything else. So... I should be back in a few. :)

No comments: