1.5 lbs 51-60 count pre-cooked peeled shrimp
1 yellow bell pepper
1 green chili
1/2 red onion
1/2 12 oz jar Heinz Chile Sauce (Chili sauce! not Cocktail Sauce)
3 avocados split in half with the seeds removed
- Pull the tails off the shrimp and cut into 4 pieces
- Dice pepper, chili and onion in small pieces (maybe 1/8th inch square)
- Mix shrimp and veggies and squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime
- Add about 1/2 jar of the Chili sauce. You don't want it too soupy, but enough to coat it.
- Rub lime juice on the flesh of the avocado so it doesn't brown.
Add more lime juice if you want it more tangy, more chili sauce if you want it more sweet or tomato flavored.
Scoop out a bit of the avocado flesh making a "bowl", but leaving some avocado, and fill it with the shrimp mixture.
You'll have extra which you can serve in a bowl, nestle the avocados in the extra, or whatever fits with how you want to present it.
We ate it about 45 minutes after preparing it, but I've eaten it immediately after putting it together as well.
Takes maybe 30 minutes to prep. You might be able to use small salad shrimp and it would be faster, or use raw shrimp and "cook" it in the lime juice for a few hours; but I like the 51-60 pre-cooked shrimp the best.