- 1.5 to 2lb beef w/o much fat: london broil, flat steak, top round roast
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 1 large and 1 small can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 C Sour Cream
- Egg Noodles
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Slice beef in 1/8" (pretty thin) by 1/2" by 2" or so, strips
- Put beef in electric skillet at 350 degrees so that it can brown, season with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Clean mushrooms and slice each one in 4 or 5 slices (not quarters, but lengthwise). Add to beef as soon as they are sliced
- Once beef is browned, add Cream of Mushroom Soup and Sour Cream. I'm not sure if its 1/2 a cup or not. You just have to taste it and add enough till it doesn't taste like straight Cream of Mushroom soup and is sour enough. :) - But I think for that much soup, about 1/2 a cup should do.
- Add nutmeg... Maybe 1/2 tsp or so? I use fresh and just grate "some" on it.
At this point you can cover it in the electric skillet and let it simmer for a few hours; or if you're making this first thing in the morning then put in a slow cooker and leave it on low all day. The meat will be very tender by dinner time!
Server with egg noodles and some kind of veggie or salad!