Thursday, August 19, 2004

Sigh

All is not happy in architecture land. Every have one of those days when you just want to chuck it all? Maybe go up into the mountains away from all people. Yeah... its been a fun few days.

Apparently everyone is not overjoyed with my new position. Being drug into 2 hour meetings, daily, with a manager to hear that people are whining because I'm asking them to follow standards, do things the right way, etc. is getting trying.

There is a reason I didn't become a manager... I didn't want to deal with all the "people issues". Apparently I was mistaken. As a co-worker said, "Its like dealing with a bunch of third graders."

But hey, I'm only putting in 55 hours a week, and working from home all night to keep up. So what's there to complain about. :(

I'm going to where my Google, "I Feel Lucky" t-shirt today. I think irony is a good thing. LOL :)

No comments: