Monday, October 11, 2004

Jade

As noted in my previous post, had a few minutes. Did a quick scan of the youth blogs that I follow. Not much posts there lately. So... figured I'd be the first to blog about Jade. :)

Jade played at Murray Street Darts last Friday night. First paying gig. It was a bar, so none of their peers could show up, but there was plenty of us ''older folk'' that did. Parents, friends, etc. It was AWESOME. Sound wasn't great on Michael's vocal, and the bass wasn't loud enough, but it was just cool. Very cool to see them playing. They did a very good job. And they got asked back! Probably because we (those that came to see Jade) made up more than 50% of the crowd. :)

People that didn't know them seemed to like them. They did a few cover tunes and then I think 4 of their own. Anyway, cool stuff. Some very nice guitar work. And Jared is crazy on the drums, which I enjoyed. :)

I don't know at what age you go from "man, this is what I want" to "Hey, I'm so happy for them.", but it was so cool to sit and watch those guys. I felt really proud of them. It was very cool.

Also brought back memories. Been a long time since I've been in a smoke filled bar listening to LOUD music. It was all good.

They are playing again on the 22nd. I'll be there!

No comments: