Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Morning Thoughts

Thoughts as I sit working in the bedroom, Tina and the dog asleep in the bed next to me:
  • Its cool to have WiFi and be able to work anywhere in the house. Even though they she is asleep, it is peaceful to be able to look over and she Tina asleep, her dog laying on the bed next to her.
  • Its good to have to think for a living. I remember working manual labor jobs and getting so tired of it and wishing I could have a job that would use my brain. Though it can be stressful at times, it is very cool to get paid to think for a living. Sitting here this morning, writting up design thoughts on a wiki. "What do we need to achive this new functionality. What our our interfaces? How are they consistent with the old interfaces", that kind of stuff. Things I won't actually have to code, but things I'll think up, and then someone else will figure out how to make them work. Its cool.
I've said this many times before, but I'm pretty lucky having multiple "areas of focus" in my life: Family, Work, Church, etc. Usually only one is every having problems at the same time, thus I can always find something "good" to focus on. :)

Have a good day!

No comments: