Friday, February 18, 2005

My baby is getting ready to move out

2 days till Jaime turns 18. She has a new job, a new apartment, and she's getting ready to move out.

Way too much talk about this lamp, and which couch, and decorating, and all of that. And then last night at practice,

J: "Do you think my seats fold down so I can take my keyboard?"
M: "I'm not sure. But if not, I can just take it in the Jeep."
J: "That worn't work. I have to take it to my house."

:( - oh yeah, she's moving out.

J: "And lug it up 3 flights of stairs"

and turns and pats Michael on the knee, to which someone states, "I see lugging a keyboard around in your future." (Oh... so when did we transition from the dad fixing things to the boy fixing things... oh yeah, when she grew up.) [By the way, Michael is a great "boy" so "the boy" is a term of endearment used by all of us]

Yeah, kids grow up, and its very cool to see her turn into an adult. But yeah, I'm going to miss my baby being around. Even though Tif is coming home for three months and I'm so syched about that, I'm still going to miss Jaimer.

But we've got church, and practice, and her hanging out here to eat, watch TV, etc... so the transition will be slow, but its still a transition.

At least we still have the dog at home. Oh boy. ;) LOL

No comments: