Thursday, February 01, 2007

Food Art

PeaBaby,

Your aunt and grandma asked for a "snack" the other night. Bologna, cheese, some olives. So I took the bologna, cut eyes, mouth, and nose out of it, and put it on round colby cheese. Then I cut a green olive and used the slices to fill in the eyes and nose and cut a small pickle lengthways for the mouth. Then made hair out of more cheese.

I'll have to take a picture next time so you know what I'm talking about.

I used to do this all the time for the girls when they were little. Stuff like this, and Mickey Mouse pancakes, colored pancakes, red heart pancakes. I even made green eggs and ham once... but the green eggs freaked them out and they wouldn't eat them.

So - once you are old enough to eat pancakes, I can make this kind of stuff for you. Little girls always think this kind of stuff is cool... little boys probably too. It will be fun to eat breakfast at Papa James' house. :)

Love you!
Papa James

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daddy,
I remember colored and Mickey Mouse pancakes!
The other day Brian made me 'apple sushi'. He wedged the apple and alternated skin up and skin down in a row, then made 'eyes' out of dollops of peanut butter. It was a caterpillar roll! Sort of. And then he put a scoop of peanut butter on the side of the plate and put a wedge upright in it. Sort of similar I guess. ;) Love you!