Home sick, not feeling well, nothing to eat. Read the above post and decided it sounded good. OMG it was very good. :)
I turned the oven on to 350, peeled and cut up (about 1 in thick) 2 potatoes, spritz them with olive oil and added sprinkled on some savory salt and pepper, through them in the oven and head to the store...
- 2 Medium Potatoes, cubed about 1 inch thick
- Olive Oil
- Savory Salt
- 2 Pork Chops - about medium thickness
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
- 2 Clovers Garlic, sliced
- 2 Tbs butter
Start the potatoes:
- Set oven at 350
- Put tinfoil on a bake pan
- Spread potatoes evenly
- Spray with olive oil (if you have a mister, or baste, etc.)
- Sprinkle with Savory Salt, Rosemary and Pepper
Bake for 30 minutes and then start the pork chops:
- Turn potatoes (they make stick) and group together, misting with some more olive oil
- Add pork chops, sprinkle with savory salt and pepper.
Bake for 30 minutes then turn:
- Slice garlic and onions. Do the onions in 2 batches, lower parts and upper parts.
- Turn the potatoes again and spritz with olive oil
- Turn the pork chops
- Spread the garlic and the bottoms slices of green onion over the potatoes and chops
Bake for 30 minutes then turn again. At this point the chops had been cooking for an hour.
- Turn the potatoes again.
- Remove the garlic and onion from the chops (just push it onto the pan) and flip them.
- Put the onions and garlic back on the top of the chops.
- Cut a few tablespoons of butter into little chunks and sprinkle around on the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the rest of the onion
Cook for another 15 minutes or so.
At this point the chops were done, the potatoes were nicely golden with a crunchy outside but tender inside and the garlic and onions were cooked into everything. I plated them and then added a tablespoon or two of sour cream to the top of the potatoes.
The green onion / garlic added a great flavor to everything; and the rosemary on the potatoes along with the sour cream really finished it off nicely. Not sure if it was just because I was sick or what, but wow - the first bite was awesome. :)