Saturday, September 05, 2015

Hey Friend

It's been four weeks since my dear friend, Christie Marble, when home to be with Jesus. I did a number of posts on FB in the few weeks after that, but I feel like FB posts kind of disappear over time. Maybe not, but they just aren't as organized as a blog is. Even though I don't post here much anymore, mostly posting on FB instead, I felt it would be good to put some stuff here occasionally. Maybe even move a few FB posts out here.

In general, I don't have anything super inspiring happening day to day... but I'll just be in some situation and I'll think of her. Usually tearing up a bit, and mostly making me a better person. To me, Christie was just awesome Christie. Someone I couldn't wait to see on Sunday morning, hear her say "Hi Friend!" and give me that big grin and awesome hug. I never really thought of the impact she had on me, until her memorial service. Wow... everyone thought of her how I did. Our awesome friend who you just wanted to be around. A ton of people talking about how she made everyone feel loved, how she was trying to mirror Jesus to people here on earth; and how much she wanted them to know Him. And after she was gone, plenty of posts on FB of "I was having situation and was and then thought "How would Christie handle this?" or "This isn't how Christie would feel." So I'm not alone in that... but missing her, and seeing what other folks are going through, I go through the same thing too. And it makes me a better person. When I'm at work and something frustrates me and I'm about to snap... I feel the Holy Spirit and think about her and the stories about her. And, while she might react in love and I won't say that I go that far, I am more chill about it; more handling of the situation, more kind.

So thanks Friend. I love you and I thank you for that!

And now just a quick up date on the everyday... 'Cuz sometimes things happen and I think you would have enjoyed them.

Pastor Austin preached on Sunday. It was very cool and very "youth pastory". I think you know what I mean. As you well know, some folks get that, and some folks do not. It just made me think about back in the day, when we were all at NCF and PM would be so youth pastory in his sermons. I loved it! I still do. Anyway, sometimes he would say something and you would get that look on your face. Sometimes "Oh Mark" or sometimes a big grin. It all came back watch Pastor Austin preach, and seeing Miss Mandy sitting there, grinning and stuff. You'd be proud of the "babies" and what a good job they are doing.

Well... gotta go. I just wanted to stop by and say "Hi". Yeah, maybe a bit weird, maybe a public social blog is not the place for this... but maybe it is. Anyway, I'll probably stop back and say Hi on other days. Love ya.

No comments: