Thursday, September 10, 2015

Love the smells on a bike at night

I just came home from having dinner with Jaime. Usually I come down Woodmen when riding across town at night, which is a major road here in the Springs. Tonight I came across Dublin, which is a smaller more residential street. Because it's been getting cooler at night, I've been experiencing the pockets of really cold air, and really warm air. I like that. Wondering why the air is cool or hot in a particular area, maybe the sprinklers are on, it's by a small body of water, whatever.

Tonight though, because I can through a residential area, not only did I have those pockets of air, but I also hit pockets of smells. Hmm... I think they had spaghetti for dinner, yum, a rich tomatoe/Italian aroma. Lots of, hmm... Steaks or burgers on the grill. But also a slightly fruity and spicy smell. Not sure what that was, but it was good.

It's just one of the things I like about being on a bike vs a car. You experience the things around you!

No comments: