Saturday, April 19, 2003

Why I do what I do
So it is 8:14, and basically I've been working since I logged on at 5:45. Why is it that on a Saturday morning I'm doing work? And work that there isn't any real time crunch for? I'm on the wiki, writting up pattern templates, adding discussions on our DynamicFactory pattern, etc. Why? Well for one, everyone else is sleeping. But also because I really enjoy it. To me, it is almost playing... to a certain extent. I'm creating something. Something that is useful and other people on the team will use to get their jobs done.

I guess that kind of makes me a geek... but I also think it makes me very blessed. It is a blessing to enjoy what you do. To enjoy your "job".

That is probably why I do the other things I do as well. Why I'm on a worship team and why I work with the youth. Yeah, I feel called to it and I feel it is something I'm supposed to do... but one of the reasons I feel those things is, again, because I enjoy it!

Well... enough "playing". Time to get around so I can stop and get a Starbucks before getting to church at 10:00!

No comments: