Saturday, May 24, 2003

Phew
Ok... got the itinerary done, as well as some blogging on FusionWorship, and sent a long reply to a friend's email. I'm on the computer all the time, but there is a lot going on at work, I've got deliverables due, and I'm going on the trip in a month. So... in order to take two weeks off, I've got to get 3 weeks of extra work done before I go. At least it feels that way! :-) So, I don't spend much time doing "personal" stuff on the computer, even on the weekends. Usually I get up early (like today, at 5:30) and spend it working. But today personal stuff - as mentioned above. Probably because both Jaime and Michael, and maybe Erika, have been saying "When are you going to update the Fusion blog". Squeaky wheel and all that!

But it was fun!

I've got Monday off work, and then the next two weekends there is no Fusion. So... I'm doing my "spring yard work" stuff those weekends. We had a sprinkler guy come and do a "tune up" and replace some heads... so the lawn will get watered this year. A good thing in a drought. And the back "sand pit" needs some work. So I'll probably be digging and hauling and covering during my "time off". But it should be much better than it is now when I'm done. And we'll probably plant some new plants and flowers, so that will look cool!

And a final "what I've been doing lately note", from the work arena: Been using the Wiki A LOT. I've been using it for meeting minutes, agendas, design discussions and outcomes, design patterns, etc. I really like it as both a tool to use (generate information) and a tool for reading (looking the info up). If I had my own server, I'd probably set it up as a way to do home pages. It makes creation so easy, and the automated linking is great. We are using the MoinMoin wiki as our WikiClone. Its a great concept and a great tool!

Well... guess it is time to "get around" and then go order some cedar chips, planets, etc.

/me gets ready to go to Lowes, HomeDepot, etc.

No comments: