Monday, August 18, 2003

Sushi
Jaime and I went to Meg's restaruant after Fuel on Saturday. Meg had to work and wasn't at Fuel, so we went to surprise her and have some sushi. We tried their special roll, which had something like 7 different kinds of fish on it. It had octopus and squid... both of which I'm usually not too thrilled with. But they were sliced very thin. Jaime tried the octopus and she REALLY LIKE IT! So I gave it a try and it was pretty good. It had a good flavor, and wasn't too "rubbery" because it was so thin. So then we both tried the squid, which was pretty much how I remember it.

We had a California Roll, Special Roll, Shrimp Tempura Roll and then an Eel & Avacado roll. It was all really good. Jaime likes the rolls better than the other kind, because it is more of a mixture and not so much just rice with a large piece of raw fish on it!

So... I'll have to take her out for sushi more... especially since she is way more adventurous than I would have thought. "Dad... it's just not Tif that likes sushi!" Octopus... who would have thought?

No comments: