Monday, April 18, 2005

Because that is who she is

So... haven't blogged much (any?) about this, because I don't like blogging about difficult things, but Tina has stepped down as Associate Pastor. Her last day was yesterday. Rough decision, lots of crying, stress, etc. - hard times once the decision was made, clearing out her office, etc. But it was all for the best. Had to set that context...

So, even though Tina is "no longer a pastor" - well she just is. This morning I heard her on the phone ministering to someone and I thought, "Hey... you don't do that any more." - some of the issue was boundries, working days off, etc.; so I'm protective of her still being in that role. Anyway, as I caught part of it I realized it was a relative - not someone from church.

Then I remembered something Tom and Jennifer have talked about before. Tina is a pastor because... she just is. That is who she is. It has nothing to do with job title, or stepping down, etc. Its who God made her to be and who she is. She's always ministered to her family, walked them through biblical issues, discussions, counseled, lent her wisdom to situations, etc. And the fact that she has "stepped down", isn't going to change any of that.

She won't have the stress, politics, etc. of it being "her job" - but its still her calling. And that's a cool thing - even if it is still 24 x 7.

No comments: