Monday, April 25, 2005

Worship - Facedown

Worship practice the last few weeks have been awesome... I can't remember if I blogged some of this or not. Lately I've been thinking about blogging certain things but then never get around to it. I skimmed my last few posts and didn't see anything, so forgive me if I missed it. :)

Like I was saying, worship practice has been awesome. For one, its sooo cool to have Jaime on the team. We ride together and so its always cool to talk about on the way home. Because we've been having such great "presence of God" times of worship, its been cool to just talk about worship, free praise, what worship (in a musical sense) is, etc.

We've been working on Matt Redman's (I think) Facedown. An *awesome* soul wrenching (as Jaime would say) worship song. It just *grabs* you. We'll start working on it, and then its 45 minutes later, people have been in the presence of God, words have been giving, new songs have been sung. Its just what its all about. Those times just rock.

I love this quote from Jaime, "Its one of those songs that just causes you to immediately start worshipping. We'll start it and I'll be off worshipping and then Miss Teresa will stop the song to work on something and I'll be like, 'Oh yeah - we are practicing'". When you can go *there*, that quick, and forget where you are or what you are doing... Yeah, that's an awesome thing.

Anyway, with everything else that is going on in life, it has been an awesome time. And that is how it is supposed to be. Spending time with God and just worshipping him - that's where we are supposed to go when we have troubles or are down. That's what David was talking about when he was speaking of a refuge, shadow of his wing, secret place, etc.

No comments: