Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Teriyaki Chicken

Not much a recipe... more of a serving suggestion for Teriyaki Chicken. :) I haven't been cooking "big" things lately, just throwing stuff together that is easy and I can:

  • Throw in the slow cooker
  • Prep before work and quickly cook when I get home
  • Prep/cook quickly when I get home

I usually don't feel like cooking much after a long day at work, and neither does anyone else. So usually its fast food, slow cooker, or something that is pretty easy. Here is one such recipie.


4 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 C Mr Yoshida's Teriyaki Sauce
1 t Five Spice Powder
1.5 t Ground Ginger
2 Cloves Garlic, sliced


In the morning:

Combine all ingredients except chicken in a gallon size zip-lock bag. Combine. Add Chicken, push out all the air, and then zip. Place in a container (in case the zip leaks) and put in fridge for the day.

When you get home:

Put the chicken on a rack, back at 350 for... 45 minutes or so. Till its done. :)




I usually serve this with Ramen Noodles - cook normal but pour off the broth. Just a fast way to make some noodles. And some stir-fry veggies.

I did the above last week - but diced the chicken. When I got home, stir-fried it with veggies I had prepped in the morning (cubed/sliced: onion, celery, water chestnuts, mushroom, red bell peppers) and then stir fried 1/2 a Nappa Cabbage on the side. I then made a "bowl" of noodels, cabbage, stir-fried chicken/veggies. Yum.

Since I still had 1/2 a nappa cabbage left - and it keeps, this week... Doing the above and cooking the breast. Then stir-frying the nappa cabbage and a side dish of snow peas, onions, yellow bell peppers and water chestnuts. Pretty much the same dish, but a little different. Like I said... things I can cook fast. :)

No comments: