Monday, August 22, 2005

Flashback

Driving down the streat the other day... I notice a woman walking on the sidewalk, baby on hip, looking down at something. I glance down and there is a little, blonde, curly haired 2 - 4 year old, leaned over, pointing at some trash on the ground and then turning to look up at her mom.

In a flash I remember back to Ann Arbor... Tina telling me that her and Tif were walking to the store. Walking on the sidewalk, chainlink fence along a field, all kinds of trash blown up against it. Tif looks at the trash, then looks up at Tina with her "intent - I'm only 4 but I say things from a 30 year old" look pouring out of her piercing blue eyes.
Mommy, does it make God sad when people litter?"
Then I'm back in my car driving down the street again. Man... what makes a 4 year old "get it" so much, and ask such a question. I don't know. But I'm glad she did. One great thing about your kids - they can be such cool people.

Love ya sis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you too!