Thursday, December 12, 2002

DEC
Got this link from a friend who I worked with at DEC. DEC... before it became Digital, then Compact, and now HP. I still think VMS was the best OS I ever worked on. DEC was a great company to work for... when I was working backeast on EDGE... before things got tough and Ken left.

I checked the site out a bit. A VAXstation 2000. My first mid-range desktop. It was a cool box. I remember someone telling me, "Well of course you can't have 5 windows up at once, that is too much." But they just didn't want to mess with it. Setting enough sysconfig stuff, I got it working pretty good. I also remember Paul using it for a $5000 clock. Only one app running, the clock, fully maximized. He just didn't want to mess with it and just kept using his VT320. :-)

A trip down memory lane!

No comments: