Friday, December 13, 2002

Does it really matter?
Got on the elevator today, it stopped on the 2nd floor, and a woman got on. I'm heading out to lunch, in my jeans, t-shirt, sneakers, and have a vest on (since it's about 40 out). She gets on, looks at me, and says:
I love Fridays! You get to wear jeans! I tried sneaking them in once during the week, but my boss IMed me... "Dress..... code.... ?"
I just replied, "Yeah".
I didn't have the heart to tell her that I was wearing shorts and sandals all summer, and that we can wear jeans whenever you want.

You'd think with all that the company is going through, all the scandal, bad moral, layoffs, etc, that some managers would figure out there are more important things than making sure no one wears jeans to work (except on Friday).

That was another great thing about DEC. They understood what was important and what wasn't.

No comments: