Monday, January 20, 2003

Worship
I drummed again Sunday, and it was great. It is hard to explain, but I was really on. Maybe not in a "I'm so great" kind of way, but in a flowing kind of way. Yeah, I probably sped things up some, like I always do :-}, but you could just feel God's presence. We really started moving. I had a great time and was playing hard. I need to find some Vic Firth sticks, 'cause the B2 and B5 sticks I got from Graniers just aren't lasting. (I think they are generic Zildjan sticks w/o the brand name). I chipped a wood tip and also chipped the nylon on a nylon tip. Oh well. I have one old Vic Firth stick (nylon-tip) and it is great. Anyway, Sunday was great. I came off the stage shaking. One thing that was really cool, and helps builds the dynamics (I think) is that I'm starting to play the toms much more. Not so much in rolls, but just as occasional hits. Michael has been doing this lately and I think it really adds, so I started doing it. It is pretty cool when you feel like you are flowing, and that the Holy Spirit is playing through you, and you do stuff that you've never done before and it just works. Stuff that you'd normally never be able to do. Its a God thing. :-)
Teresa is great to play with too. She's like, "Hey, I want you to play passionately in that last song... and I know you can. Just go with whatever you feel!". It is really freeing, and lets the Holy Spirit just take you where he wants.
Very cool stuff.

No comments: