Monday, January 06, 2003

Worship
I've been playing quite a bit the last few weeks. Its been great.
  • Dec-21: Xmas service @ ICC - percussion : Little Drummer Boy was a blast
  • Dec-29: ICC - percussion : Tif was coming and I thought it would be cool.
  • Dec-31: NCF youth - percussion : Part of the "Imago Dei 2002 Reunion Tour" :-). It was great playing with everyone from camp. John Larson is such a great worship leader. He flows so well. I was in the zone the whole night. We played from 10:30 - 12:30 or so. It really rocked. It is great playing for youth (because you can be loud and just go for it) and it is so great playing with someone who leads so well. You know where you are going, you're flowing with the Spirit. Its great. I was dancing like a mad-man. :-).
  • Jan-5: ICC - drums : Michael cut his thumb so they didn't think he'd be able to play - and Steve was playing guitar, so I drummed. It was great. We did two new songs (one of them I knew). One was 6/8 time... Yeah, it was a struggle, but Steve showed me a beat and I got it. I was totally in the flow. Had some trouble, but it was so fun. I broke one of my "unbreakable" sticks, tossed it, grabbed another. Then in another song I was catching the tips on mics, symbols, etc. and one went twirling out of my hand and I had to grab another. Kind of squared off the tip of my wooden tiped sticks - from just chipping at them. I was playing very hard. But it was so cool. I came off shaking - adrenaline, the Spirit, etc. Great stuff.

I'll be playing drumming twice more in Jan due to people being out. Ken said we could move some stuff around in the drum cage, so the mics, etc. aren't so much in the way. That will be nice!
I'd do it all the time... if it wasn't for trying to keep some balance between ministry and home!

No comments: