Wednesday, January 08, 2003

X-box
I'm definately not a Microsoft zealot, but I'm not an anit-Microsoft zealot either. I pretty much try to stay away from IE, and use Mozzilla instead, but only if it doesn't make my life more difficult. For instance, Blogger just works easier with IE, so I use it here. So... I'm not like some who will run Linux on the PC and use a Windows emulator and pretty much do everything the "hard" way, just to keep away from the Evil Empire. But in general I'm not a hugh Microsoft fan.

So... when I had the choice between an X-box and a PS2, I thought about the PS-2 (because it wasn't Microsoft) but opted for the X-box (because it was the latest and was reputed to have cool graphics). I'm glad I did. It is a very sweet machine. The games are great, and last night we networked 4 boxes together and played Halo with 13 players. (I fared rather poorly, but that did not decrease the enjoyment of the game). Networking the boxes couldn't have been easier. The guy, whose house we were at, had a hub he bought for $5. He plugged 4 ethernet (I think) cables into it, plugged them into the back of the boxes, and off we went. No configuration, no messing with anything. Just plug them in and go.

Regardless of their "evil" reputation, Microsoft has made a VERY nice game machine, IMO.

No comments: