Friday, February 14, 2003

That was slick
My laptop is back up and running. Tuesday morning when I came in, it wouldn't power up. After messing with it for a while, we (some people that know, and me) decided that the system board must be bad. I didn't want to be w/o it while I waited... so I borrowed an extra laptop that was pretty close (both are Dell Latitudes), pulled my hard drive, put it in the other machine, and I was up and running. I did have to download a video driver and reboot a few times while it reconfigured... but all it all it was pretty simple.

The support guys got me a new board in two days, and by Thur afternoon it was replaced, I had switched the hard drives, and my laptop is back and running. I complain a lot about Windows compared to VMS, etc... but being able to just switch the hard drives around like that is pretty nice.

No comments: