Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Ozzy
A bit of a long story... but made everyone at work crack up.

So... I've been listening to "96.1 MOTHER, Rock that really RAWKS" lately, off and on. Every once in a while they'll play something from Ozzy. Jaime has never heard him, and when she see's his Pepsi commercial on TV she always says something like, "He can sing? He can't even talk." So... I'm heading home yesterday, Ozzy comes on, and I call Jaime and tell her to turn on 96.1 and listen. "He isn't going to sound like you'd expect."

So I get home and she says she listened and he did sound a lot different. End of story... so you'd think.

Background
So... every morning I wake up to Jaime playing the piano. She has this CD that she recorded of Christmas Carols. Very nice to wake up to. The sound is kind of quite, so I have to turn the, CD player/radio/alarm clock, all the way up.

Fade to this morning
5:00 AM - alarm clock comes on and, you guessed it, 96.1 MOTHER, Rock that really RAWKS. Full blast 5:00 AM. Yanked me right out of my sleep... I'm pounding the alarm trying to get it off, and finally do (but must have just interrupted it for a minute). 30 seconds later it is blaring again.

Wow... but hey, it did get me up. No falling back to sleep with that.

An amazing thing is that Tina, who wakes up if a fly walks up the wall, slept right through it.

The price you pay to give your kids some culture. ;-)

No comments: