Thursday, March 06, 2003

Yeah, and like that was good for my blood pressure
Sitting at Academy and Austin Bluffs, west-bound heading to work. I'm in the front, right hand lane (which will eventually end). Guy next to me. We take off and he is going pretty quick, so I decide rather than try and pass him, I'll just let him go and I'll pull in behind him. So I ease up some. After a few blocks, I look over and he has pulled to the left hand lane and is actually accelerating pretty quick. But I'm *sure* I was going under the speed limit.

We move another block and I glance in my rear-view mirror and there is a motorcycle coming up on me pretty quick. Wow... he looks like he is in a hurry... are those... Argh... red & blue lights. I figure I'm toast. I was probably going over the limit and now I'm busted. Sigh... and then he pulls up behind me, yup - I'm in trouble. But I can't pull over cause the traffice is pretty tight. Now he is pulling up along side me... to tell me to pull over. I'm hosed.

Then he moves in front of me, pulls up behind the other guy. Then next to him. Gets him to roll down his window and tells him to pull it over.

Sigh of relief... Well... he WAS going faster than me. Still, I guess I better watch my speed. That was NOT a fun way to start the day.

[BTW: I know Tina would say, "Well if you weren't speeding you wouldn't worry about that." I think I still would. There is just something about flashing lights behind you that gets the blood pumping... at least for me!]

No comments: