Friday, January 21, 2005

Can Sony reinvent itself as cool? | Newsmakers | CNET News.com

"I think sometimes that if I retire, I'll become a blogger and finally say all the things I've always wanted to say."


Iteresting that I saw this today. The interesting things is, I don't think as a blogger you can "always say what you wanted to say." I mean I guess it depends on who you are, whether your blog identifies you, etc. and your social norms, etc. Another reason I haven't been blogging all that much lately, is my current state of mind. In general, I'm not looking for those funny/witty (at least in my mind) little outlooks on life. The kind of stuff I like to blog. The last year has been pretty hard at church (tons of just junk going on) and hard at work (way more work/responsibility/politics and not so fun stuff at times), and my brain is just always on or off. It doesn't seem to just hit that lazy, look at the world place. Unless I'm worshipping, and then I'm just gone.

Anyway... the thing is, lots of things I think about on a day-to-day basis is stuff I would never blog. Too personal, things that may hurt someone (yes, we all have thoughts about situations, people, etc. that we'd never "say outloud", i.e., never blog.). I just think it is interesting that I've been thinking lately how I'm not blogging some stuff, because it isn't really "fit to print", and then I read this quote.

No comments: