Friday, January 07, 2005

Yup, thats what its all about

I'm going to be drumming the next three weeks for the Sunday service. Dominick has some wrestling stuff, so I'm playing while he is off. I've been very psyched about it.

The drum heads on the church drums were totally trashed, so last week I went and got new heads, a double kick bass pedal (which I've been wanting for a long time, for those occasional times when I drum) and a new cymbal stand and cymbal. I got a boom stand and another boom to add to it. I've got a number of cymbals and I prefer few stands with booms. Lets you get things in closer and take less floor space.

Anyway...

So I went and set up the heads and messed with them on Wed and then got to church early last might and moved all my cymbals intot he cage, along with my blocks, chimes, and cow bell and got it all set. Fun stuff.

Then we had worship practice. IT WAS AWESOME. Probably the best worship I've had at ICC in YEARS. It was just incredible. We had an awesome time of free praise. Kind of like God just reach down, taking you in his arms, giving you a squeeze and telling you he loves you. Man.

The church has had a hard time last year, and as typical happens when there are hard times, the leadership gets very attacked. Personal attacks, persecution, and kinds of stuff. And it hasn't just been the senior leadership, but Teresa has come under attack as well. I think last night was just God's way of telling her, "None of that stuff matters. Remember, THIS is why you do this. To worship me."

Personally, all the pain, all the grief, all the problems... Doesn't matter. I'd go through just about anything to have a night like last night. It so rocked.

And it wasn't a one time thing. Its coming. More and more of it.

I'm happy. :)

No comments: