Friday, January 21, 2005

Web/Blog design

One thing that keeps people coming back to web sites, is that they change. Or at least certain types of sites. If the site offers some service that you use, google, Wikipedia, etc., you'll go back because you need them. But other things that are just informational, etc., the theory goes if you change it, offer people something new to look at, they'll keep coming back, just to see what has changed.

So someone told me yesterday, "Man, you really need to update your blogs. Its getting boring." For blogs, this basically means, "You need to start posting stuff, cuz I'm getting tired of checking and nothing ever updates."

Yeah, I'm posting links to stuff, but not really posting any of my own content. Sigh... don't know what to say. Its been a very busy time right now. Tif wants me to get back on Pern, and I haven't event had time for that.

I guess I'm just in a place right now where I'm either working, ore pretty much vegging. There is so much going on at work, and never enough time to get it all done. Not that that is really bad. I mean, job security and all that. Its just someone is always having some problem, or needing something looked at, or whatever. Hopefully (and I've said THIS before here), things will eventually settle down. I'll either find ways of prioritizing, or people will need less or something.

And if I'm not busy at work, then I'm busy with church stuff. Althought that has been great. I do the taxes for the church, and usually getting the year end stuff out is very last minute (based on my time, time of others I need info from, etc.) This year the processes were more in place and I've already gotten all the stuff that needed to go out by the end of the month done, and most of the stuff that has to go out by the end of Feb. So I'm actually ahead and feeling really good about that. Luckily Monday was a holiday so I was off work and able to go in and get some things done.

Anyway... been very busy (some work, some fun) and just not much time for blogging. Like right now, I'd normally be doing work (which I'm sort of doing in the background), but I figured I'd at least post *something* to keep people happy. :)

No comments: