Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Emily Terbush: Uuuuuuupdate

The following is via email from Emily. She is in YWAM in Lakeside, MT on staff for a production of Peace Child. This letter is so Emily, as are all her letters. So I just had to post it. :)

Hello everyone!

Can you tell by the subject that this keyboard has
issues?

So here is the latest on me and my fun YWAM existance!

Yesterday, I made lunch for 200 people! And some of
you may say "but Emily, I know you can't cook! How did
this come about?" And to that I would say "I have no
clue but apparently no one died and that's all that
matters!" Hee hee!

But, I shall soon be leavng the kitchen and my title
as salad bar queen to be in what is known as
housekeeping! I actually do like this job though! Some
people may think that scrubbing toilets is a very
unglamorous job but, when you do it everyday it really
isn't that gross! I have been a part of housekeeping
for every school that I have been a student in! And
now it has come full circle! I shall be in charge and
instructing fun summer students in the way of "if you
can't kiss it, it ain't clean!" Oh the joy of it all!
Exciting!

I finally have a roommate! Her name is Megan Chase!
She is tall and has very short red hair! She is quiet
yet talkative, enjoys reading, singing, skipping and
cool walks on the beach! :) She is very fun and I
enjoy her thoroughly! Although, her bed is almost as
tall as I am and sadly that is no exageration! Funny!

I am countng down the days till my dear
friend/co-worker/swinging in the park buddy Amber
leaves! Only 24 days left! Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please pray for sanity for both of us as we have not
really been separated for the past 2 years! Very sad!

Our directors, Chris and Cara, have only one more
month before their baby girl is born so please keep
them in prayer as their lives will become completely
different! In the mean time please pray for Me, Anne,
Amber and Kirsten as we are planning a fun, out of the
ordinary baby shower/luau/limbo competition!

My dance training is going well! As I may have told
some of you, we take 4 dance classes a week, one of
them being tumbling! I am now able to stay in a
handstand for up to 6 seconds (results not common) and
I can do a front walkover (but only on the grass! The
wood floor in the gym scares me!) Hooray!

My 3-5 year old's are starting to learn their dance
for the recital in July! They are going to be tigers!
YAY! So that should be very cute! As they can not
remember a thing though, I have to be in their dance
as well! I am their tiger trainer so I will guide them
as they do fun tricks and try to scare all of the
audience! Fun times!

My job as dance recruiter is going alright as well! I
have 9 dancers who are interested so we'll see what
happens with them!

Also, drum roll please . . . we have our 1st booking
for our 2006 tour! YAY! Somewhere called Baker,
Montana! North east so I have been told! Exciting! If
you or anyone you know would like to have Peace Child
come to your city, let me know!!!! I would love to
come visit you all! We are trying very hard to go east
this year so pray for favor for that too!

So that's pretty much it! Life is good! God is good!
The grass is green and there's lots of rain which
makes me happy! YAY! Thanks for your prayers and
support!

Emily

No comments: