Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Creature of Habit

Its amazing sometimes to me to realize what a creature of habit I am. I usually have about 15 to 20 windows open on my laptop at once. I'm on XP and using titles that cascade, i.e., all xterms take up one spot in the task bar, all Outlook windows take up one spot, etc. I usually open these in a particular order. This morning I did not, and it has been confusing me all morning. Sure... the icons look totally different, but if I want to bring up a mozilla window, I by habit start to click on the icon that is in the first few positions... but today it is at position 6. This has been throwing me off all morning.

So... yeah, the difference in icons is a visual clue, but one that obviously (for me) takes much more thought than just "knowing" what position the task is in.

No comments: