Saturday, September 18, 2004

Virtual life influences real life

About a month or so ago I was talking about sushi on Pern. We started talking about ways of eating fish and so I made up a Tuna Cervichi recipie - made with fresh yellow fin. I've had cervichi before - canned tuna and also shrimp, but never with raw tuna. Well a few folks tried it and they all loved it. Since that was all in a virtual world, I figured I should really make my recipe, just to see if it tasted any good. :) Its "curing" right now.

Also Tif was talking to me about an idea for Pern where they would have a surplus of some food item and then make all kinds of dishes with it. "How many ways can you serve peaches." Just some ideas we were kicking around.

So today I bought some peaches at the farmers market.... What to do with them. Didn't want to do cobbler... and I'll probably be grilling some pork loin tomorrow... Hmm...! A Peach BBQ Sauce! Yeah!

So I cooked up the peaches with some leeks, garlic, ginger, five spice powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Let it simmer for a while, then blended it up a "boat motor" (as Emril calls it). Made into a nice puree. Tasted it. YUM! Actually it would almost work well as a soup... I might have to try that - leave out the leeks and garlic, add in some cream.

All of a sudden Pern has me in a cooking mood.

I copied down what I put in all of this, so I'll post it on my recipe site... within the next week or so. (Maybe tonight, we'll see...)

No comments: