Saturday, March 05, 2005

Bittersweet

So its cool to watch your kids grow up.

Jaime is moving some of her things over to her new apartment today. I'm making breakfast for Tina and I, and Jaime is directing Michael and Zack on what to bring up from the basement and load into their trucks.

Brings back memories of Tina and I moving. In our first two years together, in Big Timber MT, we moved 12 times. "The gang" always helped us move. Guys coming over and loading stuff into trucks, girls moving it into the new house.

And now I'm watching it happen with my kid. Joking around, goofing, making dumb comments as they load stuff up. Its very cool seeing her become and adult and her own person, own friends, just... taking care of stuff.

And then "bye daddy" and their off to go move it into the new place. But she isn't actually moving for a few weeks. Tif left very fast when she moved out, although I did spend a day driving her to OK, which was cool. But I'm liking this slow transition, and just watching it all.

No comments: