Friday, December 23, 2005

High Altitude Baking Instructions

So I'm making some scones this morning, from a mix. Never done it before - and although I cook quite a bit, I don't bake all that much.

Step 1: Drain fruit and set aside.

Step 2: Blend water and mix

Step 3: Kned dough 6 times

Step 4: Form

Step 5: Cut and put on pan

Step 6: Bake

And then a few lines down from there...

High Altitude (over 5,000 feet): Add 2 taablespoons all-purpose flour and additional 2 tablespoons water. Prepare as directed.

OK... WHO WROTE THESE INSTRUCTIONS? Obviously not an engineer... Things after step 6 are LATER than step 6, not before.

This is the second things I've baked while on break where the high altitude directions were at the bottom of the instructions. You'd think I'd learn...

No comments: