Sunday, May 27, 2007

First full day of the rally

Mostly what you would expect. Buy stuff, going on rides, listening to bands do covers of classic rock tunes. Doing a few jello shots... Yeah I know - but hey, you only live once and I've never done a jello shot before! Fun stuff. :)

A few observations:
  • At least 90% (if not more) of the bikes are Harleys
  • Probably 90% of the people are bikers. There are also some tourists that come up for the day to look around
  • Just like bands, bikers apparently have groupies too
  • They sell a lot of little kid stuff and "My grandma" or "My grandpa" - yeah, bikers are aging.
  • There are some pretty harmless looking people - and there are some pretty scary looking people at bike rallies.


I'll have to post the conversation Tina had with the vendor from Bad Pig... but I've got to go get ready for todays ride. Should be fun... although maybe a bit wet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about how you teared up when your wife showed you the tee shirt that said "My grandpa rides a Harley, someday I will too".
That was the first purchase of the trip!