Sunday, May 20, 2007

Spanish Tapas

Ate at the Washington DC La Tasca while I was out there last week on business. Its a Spanish Tapas restaurant. Very cool food. I had the:
  • Berenjenas fritas con queso cabrales,Fired eggplant with a cabrales cheese dip
  • Selecion de embutidosA selection of Spanish cured meats
  • Vieiras gratinadas, Scapplos sauted with garlic, onions and peppers.
  • Gambas al Ajillo, Shrim sauteed in olive oil, garlic and "Guindilla" peppers.

I liked the eggplant the best, as it was different from anything I've had before. Sliced pretty thin and deepfried, almost like a chip. And the cheese dip was very good. But all of it was good and it was a nice atmosphere. It was Monday night and they had a special for $25 get 4 Tapas and 2 Sangrea. If you are in the DC/Maryland area, check it out.

Turns out there is a Tapas restaurant in Denver - the 9th Door. I'll have to check it out some time!

No comments: