Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Eye update
Check-up #2 was today. I'm still seeing about 20/30, but it is correctable to 20/15. Apparently that means that they may heal to 20/15 and/or with glasses they can get me to 20/15. That is cool. My near vision is getting better, its just taking time.

Comments from the Dr.

D: Looks pretty good. Your vision before was, lets see flips thru the chartWOW.
M: Yeah.
D: We must have worn out a lazer on your eyes!

D: OK, well your eyes are doing really well for being that bad. Still a little astigmatism, flips thru the chart, wow, that was pretty bad too.
M: Yeah.
D: OK. Well that should improve over time as well.

Its fun to be a medical curiosity. ;-)

Basically, my night vision and close vision will improve over time, with spells of getting slightly worse now and then, until my eyes are totally healed. Given how bad my eyes were, this will take approximately 10 MONTHS! So... for 10 months I can keep thinking, "Hmm... not as good as I'd like, but it should get better". He also said they can do an enhancement if they don't improve enough.

All in all, very cool. Again, kind of a drag to wear "grandpa" glasses at work, but hey, if I can see this well after 10 days, then in 10 months I should be seeing excellent.

No comments: