Sunday, January 04, 2004

I can see... sort of
Surgery was as easy as everyone said. Kind of weid, but went very smooth. They put some numbing drops in your eyes, "clamp" your eyes open, which really just feels like they put some tape on your face, and then tell you to look at the flashing red light. Which is the lazer. "You aren't going to be able to see for a minute"... which is a little scary to hear. Rather than everything going black, it all went white with colored lights everywhere.

They don't really explain what they are doing (which is good for me), but you can kind of tell. Hmm... that must be them cutting the cornea (or whatever) and folding it back. Now the lazer is zapping my eye... Now they are putting the flap back down.

The lazer was about 38 seconds (which is long than most, but my eyes were really bad). All in all pretty simple.

I can see at a distant now pretty good, but my up-close vision isn't great. I'm having a hard time making this out as I write it. I can see the letters... but have to concentrate, and this is a good size font. Not as big as most the stuff I look at. So, I'm hoping my vision improves (which it is supposed to over a few days). I really don't mind if I have to have reading glasses for reading papers up close, but it would be a drag if I can't see the computer w/o glasses, since that is what I pretty much look at all the time.

But it is very cool to be able to see the clock in the middle of the night, wake up and see, etc. How amazing!

No comments: