Tuesday, January 20, 2004

My daughter, the nurse
Jaime has been wanting to go into nursing "when she grows up" for quite some time. One of the local hospitals has a volunteer program where juniors can get involved, see what nursing is all about, etc.

Jaime signed up a while back and had her interview on Saturday. Cool stuff. I took her down and we talked about it on the way. It was supposed to be a 20 - 30 minute interview. About 10 minutes after going in she came out, "I got it." She has orientation on Friday and Monday and starts the Tuesday of the following Week. (Feb... 3rd I think).

Very cool stuff. I'm so proud of her. She really did this all on her own, calling the hospital, getting the paperwork, filling it out, etc. She'll be working in the NICU for 6 months and then can transfer into pediactrics... which is what she really wants to do. She's pretty excited and talked about it some on her blog.

My baby is growing up... more and more all the time.

No comments: