Wednesday, February 11, 2004

There is great hope.

I really need to get back to work... but I just read several of the teen posts. I may comment on them later, because they really are worth commenting on. But not enough time right now.

But basically what I wanted to say was:

After hearing Nichole speak on Sunday about being real with God and just being raw with him (wow... what an awesome way to put it) and then reading some posts by Pippin'sGirl, ArdentFueler and Is40Chick, I can say that my hope for the future has never been brighter. We have some an awesome group of youth and our church. And the thing that makes the future so bright (as a father and "pastor") is that our youth are GETTING IT. And they are getting it on their own terms and their own way. They aren't regurgitating what they've heard from some adult. They aren't worshipping God and building their relationships with Him based on our rules. Most of it I totally agree with, some I don't. But whether I agree or not isn't the important thing. The important thing is that they are figuring it out for themselves... And that gives me great hope that when they are out on their own that their own relationship with God will still be there. And that is just awesome.

No comments: