Saturday, October 15, 2005

The end of VCRs

Read the following on an email from TiVo.
Many manufacturers have halted production on VCRs forever! 2006 will be the last year for VHS movie releases.
Wow. I haden't even heard that. Not that it effects me much. We rarely use videotape or the VCR any more. We always rent DVDs and have quite a few - although we do still have some tapes so will keep our VCR. Also, I'm a big TiVo user, so now that we are into the normal fall season on TV, we don't even watch movies all that often.

2 comments:

Michael Child said...

I'm actually excited about the end of the VCR era. I finally have something I can say " Back in my day, we had a big, clunky videotape, and sometimes you would have to adjust what was called 'tracking' just to get the picture right! And, you couldn't just go to what scene you wanted to, you had to fast-forward, and wait. You kids don't know just how good you have it!..."

James said...

:) - Must be the signs of becoming an adult. Wishing for "back in my day" stories. ;)