Thursday, October 06, 2005

Mac Day 2 - yup, we are sooo on vacation

The plan - get up, eat breakfast, do the tour, check out the fort, go for a horse ride, then eat lunch and maybe go for a bike ride.

Actual - get up, lazy around, eat some breakfast, go for the tour, hang out at the fort awhile. Stop back at the room, go eat lunch (Patrick Sinclairs again! Rebuens, chowder, and Bass Ale - Tif - you were right. I did like it!). Bike ride? A little cold out, but sure, maybe. Walk two blocks to the bikes... nah, back to the room. Take a 2 hour nap. Get up at 4:45 - too late to do anything (bikes, horses, etc close at 5:00). Ok, hit a few shops, buy a Mac Island running jacket - I needed a new jacket, it was nice, and 20% off. Plus its from MI and the Island, so that is cool.

Go to the Villiage Inn (no - not the chain). Get Whitefish on a Maple Plank. Their speciality. Yum - very cool! First time I've had fish on a plank, although I've seen it popping up a lot lately on the cooking channel. Was very good, and would be so easy to do. I may try it at some point.

Have a few after dinner drinks, chat with some folks, then back to the room.

*Maybe* I'll get up early tomorrow before we head back and go for a ride, while Tina sleeps in. We have to check out at 11:00 - so we'll see. We are so on vacation and just having a lazy fun time. But if I came here much, I think I'd bring my own bike and explore. The Island is very big, has tons of trails, and would be so fun. But it was kind of cold and windy today - fine on the tour, but I'll have to see how it is in the morning before deciding if I want to go for an hour ride... I'm thinking yes right now - but we'll see.

Then back "home". We were thinking of going up to Canada or maybe across the UP for a bit... but we figure we'll get around, get some lunch, buy some fudge and then just head back. Lazy time for us. :)

No comments: