Saturday, November 22, 2003

I just don't get it
I'm leaving the Starbucks parking lot, having spent a few minutes watching someone try and figure out driving procedure. Hint... when someone is trying to back out, and you want to pull into their space, don't get so close that they can't get out. It just irritates everyone waiting for the drama to unfold, as well as the person trying to back out. Anyway...

So I'm leaving that, and I notice a pickup with a camper on it stopped in a fairly narrow two lane road. Weird place to stop, I think to myself. Then I notice he has a shopping cart tied behind his camper:
  1. How did the shopping cart get there? It is below a Kings Sooper... but there is about a 30 foot embankment. Did it fall down? Did someone leave it on the road and he is being a good citizen and trying to return it?
  2. Why is it tied to his truck?
  3. What is he doing with it?
As I drive pass, he makes sure it is tied securly, gets back in his truck, and pulls forward. It makes it all of about 5 feet before falling over at which point he just drags it behind his truck for about 10 yards; gets out; sets it back upright, and starts all over again.

By this time I'm out on the road, heading for work and have no idea why this was happening or how it unfolded...

No comments: