Saturday, November 22, 2003

Its just kind of strange
So I'm driving along listening to Classic Rock the other day, and Up on Cripple Creek comes on the radio. I've heard it before, but not enough to really know it. And when it gets to chorus
Up on Cripple Creek she sends me
If I spring a leak she mends me
I don't have to speak, she defends me
A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one
I think, Well that is certainly strange/funny - "A drunkard's dream" Not really a love song, just a funny kind of song. But then I listened to the next two verses
I took up all of my winnings, and I gave my little Bessie half
And she tore it up and threw it in my face, just for a laugh
Now there's one thing in the whole wide world, I sure would like to see
That's when that little love of mine, dips her doughnut in my tea

Now me and my mate were back at the shack, we had Spike Jones on the box
She said, "I can't take the way he sings, but I love to hear him talk"
Now that just gave my heart a throb, to the bottom of my feet
And I swore and I took another pull, my Bessie can't be beat
And I started thinking, "Wow... this really is a love song.

I don't know... what really struck me was the simple things. Seeing her dunk her doughnout in my tea and gave my heart a throb, to the bottom of my feet.

Now I won't say I know exactly what this song is talking about - but those words touched me. After being with someone for 25 years, you become one flesh. And it really is the little things that Tina does that sometimes make my heart throb, to the bottom of my feet. She always says to me, "Tell my why you love me" and I never have any good words for it. It isn't any one thing. It isn't that she is so beautiful (although I think she is), or that she is a great wife (which I think she is)... its all the little things. Its that she does little things kind of like dunking a donut in my tea that make my heart throb all the way to the bottom of my feet...

Great song!

No comments: