Monday, November 03, 2003

Spam, and one of those Mondays
Logged on a little after 5:00. I didn't check my email on Saturday and I couldn't connect to work on Sunday for some reason, so I have 270 email messages. Argh...

Ran MailWasher and it was going to bounce 29 of them and delete 46, but then my connection dropped. Got back on and now I have 274. Lets try it again...

Bouncing 29, deleting 46. Quick scan of the remaining "Normal" mail to see if any addresses look like they might be real. Then the "Friend" list, to look for my own address (since SPAM sometimes uses your own address as the return address so you can't bounce it an ANNOY them). Mark all the normal mail to be blacklisted... scanning the subects to see if anything looks real. Nope, thats another 162 to bounce, 165 to delete. 1 more disguised spam to delete and I'm left with 63 mail messages to look through.



No comments: