Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Independence Day

Jaime and I were up before anybody else, so we decided (after I went and got the macaroni and McDonalds) to watch Independence Day. We originally say it, with Tif, at the Centennial in Denver. I think it opened on the 2nd (same as the first day of the movie) and we headed up, figuring we'd maybe have to wait in line and go to a later shown. People just laughed at us, thinking we'd get tickets for THAT day... the line had been several blocks long the day before. But we stayed in line, got tickets for the next day, and went and say it on the 3rd.

We then got it on video and I've seen it several times since then, but Jaime had only seen it that one time. Brought back some "childhood" memories... although to me it was "just a little while ago". I guess that's the difference between a 46 year old looking back 9 years, and an 18 year old. Half her life - wow, goes by so fast.

Anyway, we watched it and I said, "You know, we should do this every year. You can bring the kids over and we can all watch the movie" (I'm a BIG fan of tradition), she just kind of looked at me, "I don't have kids" - "Well you know, some day!" :)

Tif eventually got up and watched the last half with us. It was a good day. Yeah... I think we'll do it every year, us, the kids, the grandkids, macaroni salad, Grandpa (that would be me) telling the "Yeeesss... Macaroni for the 4th of July" story for the 100th time, the grandkids rolling their eyes and giggling, corn on the cob, steaks. Yup... I like my life and where it is going. :)

No comments: