Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Police Chase

Heading down Woodmen, where it is a pretty good hill, heading down towards Austin Bluffs, (returning with my bag of macaroni). There is a guy on a cafe racer screaming up the hill, wide open, going fast. Laying fairly flat, glancing back over his arm down hill. I glance down hill, and there is a cop coming up the hill, lights and sirens, kind of stuck behind two cars. I glance in my mirror and the bike is already crested the hill and gone, and the cop isn't making too much ground. The bike has at least a 1/4 mile on the guy.

As I get to the bottom of the hill, here comes another cop, lights and sirens, turning off Austin Bluffs onto Woodmen, a good 1/4 mile behind the first cop - helping in the pursuit I presume.

I get home about 3 minutes later, and as I'm getting out of the Jeep, I can still hear the sirens going.

I'd say he had about a 50/50 chance of getting away, depending on how quick he hit a side street, how much traffic there was, how many other cops joined in the prusuit.

What a way to spend the 4th... for all of them. High speed prusuit, lots of traffic out, etc. Having been in that kind of situation before when I was MUCH younger, I don't envy any of them. Sent up a prayer, hope nobody got hurt.

No comments: