Saturday, July 02, 2005

What?

In case I never mentioned it, I hate answering the phone. Its usually not for me, and I'm not a real "small talk" kind of person.

Anyway - it Saturday morning. Jaime is already gone and Tif and Tina are sleeping. I've been up for hours. The phone rings. I need to get it because I don't want it to wake up Tina.

It rings
I jump up, grab it and hit the on button
I hear, "Hello" - oh... someone must be up and answered it
I start to set it down and it rings again
What?? - I push the button again, so it won't ring again, and then I realize

IT WAS ARTHUR - the bird. Yeah... when the phone rings, he says, "Hello?"

Cracked me up. I should have known, he's been talking to me all morning. I just didn't expect it. :) Maybe next time I'll just let him talk to whoever is on the phone. ;)

No comments: